Chicken Salad Chick, a fast-casual chicken salad restaurant concept, announced this week the official opening on April 5 of a new restaurant in Bradenton.
Chicken Salad Chick will celebrate its opening at 5434 Lockwood Ridge Road in the Lockwood Commons Mall by offering free chicken salad for a year to the first 100 guests.
The first guest in line will receive one Large Quick Chick Chicken Salad per week for one year, with the next 99 guests receiving one Large Quick Chick Chicken Salad per month. Guests can arrive from 7 a.m. for the grand opening day only.
Other week one promotions include:
▪ April 6 – The first 50 guests at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free Chick tote bag.
▪ April 7 – The first 50 guests to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free Chick cutting board.
▪ April 8 – The first 50 guests to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free bottle of Chick water.
▪ April 9 – The first 50 guests to purchase two large Quick Chicks will receive a free Chick cooler.
The Bradenton Restaurant is owned and operated by first franchisee Karen Jordan of Manasota Chick, LLC.
Jordan first discovered the brand in 2018 while vacationing in Chattanooga. After losing her job during the COVID-19 pandemic, she began looking for opportunities outside of the corporate world and went deeper into the franchise with Chicken Salad Chick.
“As a former Field Training Manager and Franchise Consultant for Golden Corral, I gained a lot of knowledge about the restaurant industry that I knew I could apply to my own business,” Jordan said in A press release.
“The pandemic has given me the time and the motivation to start making this dream a reality. While searching for concepts that would best fit me and what I was looking for in a culture, I kept coming back to Chicken Salad Chick. Today, I’m thrilled to call myself the owner of Chick and look forward to serving the Bradenton community with our delicious, made-from-scratch recipes and welcoming atmosphere,” she said.
Chicken Salad Chick in Bradenton will be open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Founded in Auburn, Alabama by Stacy and Kevin Brown in 2008, Chicken Salad Chick has more than 200 restaurants in 17 states.
For more information, visit http://www.chickensaladchick.com/.
In other restaurant and food news:
▪ Jersey Girl Bagels opened in Unit 103 of 5275 University Parkway, Bradenton, in The Market at UTC mall near Kohls Department Store. Opening hours are 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jersey Girls Bagels, a family business, is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/jerseygirlbagels.
▪ Suitcase Sweets opened February 11 at 8111 Lakewood Main St., Suite J102, Lakewood Ranch. Suitcase Sweets offers artisan candy and gourmet chocolate. Customers can sample sweets from around the world or travel back in time to discover favorite confections throughout history. The business is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The owners are Justin and Holly Fyffe. For more information, call 941-822-8012.
▪ 41 Smoothie Co held its grand opening on March 1 at 735 7th St. W., Palmetto. The new company offers smoothies and acai bowls. Open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The owner is Adam Shahin. For more information, visit https://www.41smoothieco.com or call 941-304-2708.
▪ Artisan burger chain BurgerFi opened its first restaurant in Manatee County on March 15 at 11563 State Road 70 E. at The Green at Lakewood Ranch Mall. Burger offerings include a mix of heavily marbled Wagyu beef and brisket, as well as natural Angus beef burgers and cheeseburgers.
▪ Paperwork was filed with Manatee County Building Services to renovate 4,550 square feet of space for a Kelly’s Roast Beef restaurant with drive-thru at 5207 University Parkway in Market at UTC. Kelly’s was founded in Revere Beach, Mass., in 1951, and is known for its lobster roll, roast beef and clam chowder. For more information about Kelly’s Roast Beef, visit https://www.kellysroastbeef.com/.