McDonald’s customer ‘betrayed’ after biting chicken in her Veggie Deluxe

A vegetarian McDonald’s customer said she felt “betrayed” by the fast food chain after biting into a Vegetable Deluxe burger that contained a chicken fillet.

Louise Davies, 50, said she vomited “immediately” and could not eat for an additional 12 hours after biting into the meat filling.

The mom bought the “ veggie burger ” – which is believed to contain two diced red pepper and pesto – while treating her 11-year-old daughter who had just broken off from school vacation.

They had passed through the McDonalds drive-thru in Hardwicke, Gloucester, on their way back to Stonehouse just after 5 p.m. on Friday May 28.

But when Louise, who is an official at the Ministry of Defense, munched on her burger, she suffered a terrible shock, reports Gloucestershire Live.

The meaty filling inside of what Louise thought was a veggie burger

The mother-of-one said she had not eaten meat for 45 years, but immediately recognized the taste of chicken.

Louise said: “I was immediately sick because I haven’t eaten meat for over 40 years. The texture and all … I just had to rush to the bathroom.

“This is the effect the meat will have on me. Even its smell, I don’t like.

“I didn’t really eat it, I bit into it and immediately threw up. I spat it out and threw up.

“I didn’t think about looking in it, I just thought it was a veggie burger.

Louise said she was sick for 12 hours after snacking on the takeout burger - stock image
Louise said she was sick for 12 hours after snacking on the takeout burger – stock image

Louise said she only vomited once but “couldn’t eat” all evening.

“It just reminded me of being a kid in my grandma’s kitchen, just the taste of it. It made me sick even then, ”said Louise.

“I can’t trust anything from McDonald’s to be a vegetarian anymore. Not the best place to get vegetarian food to be honest if they are that carefree. I feel upset and a little betrayed.

The Mirror newsletter brings you the latest news, exciting shows and TV reports, sports updates and essential political information.

The newsletter is sent early every morning, at noon and every evening.

Never miss a moment by signing up for our newsletter here.

Louise said she finally managed to consume something more substantial the next morning with a strawberry, pineapple, banana and blackberry smoothie.

McDonald’s has apologized for the mistake and will investigate why it happened, admitting that “it just wasn’t good enough”.

A spokesperson for the fast food chain said: “We absolutely recognize that it is not acceptable to serve meat when our vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologize to the customer for any errors that have occurred. were committed in this case.

“It just wasn’t good enough.

“We have a number of procedures in place to avoid inaccurate orders, but in this case they clearly weren’t followed, and we are investigating why this happened.”

Source link

About Robert Moody

Check Also

McDonalds turns purple for BTS collaboration, Twitter can’t keep calm

If you’re a fast food lover, you’re probably familiar with McDonald’s recent collaboration with popular …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *